Belong [werewolves and 'shifters]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Belong [werewolves and 'shifters]

Post  theaugust on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:06 pm

They had gone out, into the wilderness, and there, they shed their human skin. They went running through the grass and creeks, rolling in the mud and the dirt. They chased deer and feasted on rabbits. It was not home, but it was good. After they had put back on both their human skin and their clothes, Ash led the way back to their bikes. Kass walked behind him and glanced back, into the woods, now and again. The sun was setting through the leaves.

Cornelius was picking through his bag, and Kass sniffed at the air. It was hard to smell much over the powerful odor of dingo on both of them. She sighed as her brother pulled a baggie out.

"We don't have time for you to roll a joint," she snapped. "It's almost dark. These woods belong to someone."

He frowned at her. "You're being paranoid. The point of coming out here was to relax. There's nothing to worry about. We're safe—we're alone."

She folded her arms across her chest. "Fine. Hurry up and roll it."
theaugust

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Belong [werewolves and 'shifters]

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:21 pm

"Bella, you're being paranoid." Leo whined, watching as his hulking sister crept through the underbrush. She glanced towards him, obviously annoyed by his petulance.

"Someone's been out here. Someone besides you and Grim. I can smell them." She replied in gravelly tones, her wolfish vocal chords not meant for the words she spoke. Leo whined melodramatically, kicking a small pebble further into the forest. Bella grabbed a dead twig from the ground, slapping towards the human boy. "No one asked you to come, Leopold!" She growled, hunching over as she slipped through the trees. He breathed a sigh, trailing after her. His converse sneakers caused a crackling in the underbrush beneath him, and Bella tensed up, holding a hand up to stop him in his tracks.

"What?" He said sulkily, pushing his thick glasses further up on his nose. His sister held a hand up to silence him, creeping closer to the bounds of the forest. An unfamiliar scent assaulted her nostrils, and she lowered herself closer to the ground, crouched and ready to pounce if necessary. Leo, oblivious to her intent, inched closer, tripping over a thick root and stumbling into the clearing. He hit the ground with a loud grunt, sagging into the ground as he heard Bella's disbelieving snarl. "My bad!" He called out, raising up on his knees and staring at the unfamiliar couple in his sister's clearing. "Oh! Hi!" He called out, waving excitedly. Bella smoothly shifted into her human form, stepping into the clearing as well. She was obviously annoyed, that much was obvious from her body language. Her well formed muscles twitched beneath her bare skin, and she took a step in front of Leo, protectively placing herself between him and the strangers.

"You can't just say hi to smelly invaders, Leo." She deadpanned, offering a hand to pull him to his feet. He blushed a deep shade of red, accepting the proffered hand and pulling himself to his feet. "I'll give you one minute to explain what you're doing in my woods." She offered in what she considered an amiable manner, resting a hand on her hip. "Starting... now."

Back to top Go down

Post  theaugust on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:41 pm

She had been watching as her brother sprinkled weed along the seam of the paper. He was so methodical in how he handled marijuana. It was the most ridiculous thing to her, but it also calmed her to watch him at it. Just as he was licking the joint sealed, there was a grunt behind her. Kass turned around and stared, wide-eyed, at the the young man on his knees. She smelled it, then—wolf.

It hit her in the face so hard that a panicked recognition flashed over her features as a dark shape moved in the trees. A woman stepped up in front of the strange man, and Kass narrowed her dark eyes at her. The hair down her neck and back bristled. Ash stepped up beside her.

"Just havin' a bit of a toke, mate," Ash replied with that easy going grin of his. He held the joint out to her. "Care to join us?"

"Cornelius," Kass hissed at him and then grabbed at his wrist.

He twisted from her grip. "Come on—dial down your bitch, Kass. They don't want to fight us. We're trespassing, yea, but we didn't know. No harm, no foul, right, mate?"
theaugust

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:00 pm

"A bit of a toke." Bella repeated, watching the other woman with a guarded smile. Leo looked between his sister and the newcomers, stepping forward to offer the other woman his hand. He smiled that unintentionally charming smile of his, showing a set of pearly white, but notably not pointed, teeth.

"Yeah, no, it's cool! We don't wanna fight or anything. I'm more of a lover, you know?" He beamed, glancing towards Bella as she rolled her eyes. "Come on, Bells. Be nice. For me?" He pouted briefly, before turning his attention back to the newcomers. "My name's Leo, and that's Bella." He went on to explain. Bella stepped up behind him, crossing her arms over her exposed chest and inhaling deeply through her nose.

"Not used to other dogs in these parts." Bella drawled, glancing between the trespassers. "Dingo, yeah?" She added, seeming already bored by the situation. She lashed her hand out, grabbing the joint from the man... Cornelius, she supposed was his name. "It's dangerous to be out in wolf territory, especially this late." She muttered, glancing between the two of them. "It's a constant pissing contest, as I'm sure you're aware. It's been a bit rough trying to protect my territory... but I guess I can let you two slide. Too dumb to be really harmless." She smirked, waggling her eyebrows at the other, apparently cranky, woman.

Back to top Go down

Post  theaugust on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Kass kept her eyes on the she-wolf. She was big, even as a human, and Kass doubted that she could hold her own against the wolf in a fair fight. Not that Kass had any interest in fighting, but if the bitch went after her brother—

She jerked back when the young wolf was suddenly before her and flashing that smile at her. Blushing, she gave his hand a firm shake. She glanced up at her brother. Brushing fingers up her arm, he grinned. "It's okay, yea?" he asked.

She nodded. "This is Cornelius Ashley, and I've taught him to answer to most variation thereof." Smiling, she pinched at his side. "And I'm Kass."

Ash smacked at her hand. "Kassandra," he chuckled.

Their grins faded as Bella spoke. Cornelius stiffened as she snatched the joint from him. He held out a lighter to her and gave her a toothy grin. "Don't hit it too hard, mate. Easy does it with this blend, eh?"

Kass rolled her eyes at both of them. "Do you just enjoy being aggressive or what? Is that how it is with wolves?"

"Kass!" Cornelius barked.

She grimaced. "Sorry—we just wanted to be dingoes, you know? Guess we stole some of your rabbits..."
theaugust

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Leo smacked Bella on the arm, shooting her a petulant look as she stuck her tongue out at him. "She doesn't mean any harm, isn't that right, Bella?" He said, putting emphasis on her name. She rolled her eyes, taking the joint between her lips and inhaling. She held the smoke in her lungs for a moment before deeply exhaling, blowing several rings of smoke out.

"No harm meant. It's a wolf thing, I s'pose. You're either fighting or fucking and, no offense, I have no intentions to bend either of you over." Bella drawled casually, handing the joint back over to Cornelius. Leo rolled his eyes, giving Bella a playful shove.

"Personally, I don't understand all the wolf mess. Bella's says I'm too young to decide whether or not I want to be turned." He chuckled, leaning into his sister's side. She protectively wrapped an arm around him, giving him a little squeeze.

"You're too soft for it, Leopold." She whispered, kissing his temple before stepping away from him. "As it stands, I can let the indiscretion with the rabbits pass. I don't exactly have a huge pack to take care of. It's just me and Leo most of the time. But I'd be careful in the surrounding territories. The other wolves won't take so kindly to trespassers." Bella warned. Leo glanced out towards the moonlit sky, shivering as a howl sounded in the distance.

"Come on, Bella. You can't just send them off by themselves. You said it yourself, it's dangerous!" He whined, tugging on his sister's wrist. She groaned melodramatically, shaking him off.

"I'm sure they have a nice little home they need to be getting to. Right?" Bella prompted, glancing between Ash and Kass. "I have wolf duties to take care of. Hunting, marking, mating..." She smiled lazily as she said this, and Leo made an exaggerated gagging noise. "But hell, it's no skin off my hide if you two want to... linger. You can keep an eye on Leo while I take care of... business."

Back to top Go down

Post  theaugust on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:57 pm

Kass' eyes went wide at the mention of being bent over. Ash took the joint and then took a deep drag. Exhaling, he grinned, "What a shame."

A growl rumbled up from Kass' chest as she turned to glare at her brother. He reached over to ruffle her hair before taking another puff.

Taking the joint, Kass watched Leo and Bella. The dingo inhaled. They reminded her of her brother and herself—years younger, before the war. She thumbed the scar below her eye.

"We can take care of ourselves," she said. Ash nudged her, and she glanced over at Leo. "But thanks for your concern. And your understanding." She gave Bella a small nod.

At the mention of home, Kass shook her head. "We're squatting in some warehouse, actually," Cornelius said.

Kass, sighing, eyed the young man again. She considered the she-wolf's words and then shrugged. "Well, if you want to, Ashers."

Her brother grinned brightly. "Spend the night smoking out in the woods? Fuck yea." He paused, glancing over at Bella. "Unless you need some help with those wolf duties?" Chuckling, he winked.

Kass shoved at his shoulder.
theaugust

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top